Guardians of the Code is a Literate Warrior Cat Roleplay group. This is a group for those members on guardiansofthecode.deviantart.com to come and Roleplay.

Training (Palepaw)

Squad1rox

Training (Palepaw)

Post by Squad1rox on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Silverblossom emerged from the thick brush of her territory, into the clearing used to teach apprentices battle skills, her new apprentice in toe behind her.

The silver tabby knew that Palepaw wasn't very skilled at battling, and that was one thing she wanted to be sure to teach him. It could very well safe his, or another's, life one day.

"Okay." The warrior mewed. "Let's start."
    kurairo

Re: Training (Palepaw)

Post by kurairo on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Palepaw quickly padded through the bushes, shivering slightly as the rough twigs brushed his furless skin. He followed his mentor closely, glancing around at his new surroundings. The young apprentice was nervous, and he had a hard time hiding it.

Without the bushes to cover him he could feel the soft wind stroke his side, and for a second he shivered on his lean legs. I'm no fighter, he reminded himself quietly, but I can try.

"Okay," he mewed to his mentor as he came to a standstill besides her, not sure what to expect from the training yet.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Silverblossom narrowed her eyes, facing the young tom

"Let's see how you fight." She mewed, and got into a battle stance. "Come at me!" She ordered. "You can use your claws, but I won't. I want to see how much pain you give to your foe."
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Ooooh dear, Palepaw thought, lowering his head slightly with unease.
    "Alright," he mewed quietly. There was no going back now. He readied himself, sinking into his paws until his belly nearly touched the ground, preparing for a pounce. He breathed in deeply, digging his claws into the earth, and then pushed himself away from the mossy ground, launching himself at the older she-cat with all the strength he could find.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Silverblossom dodged cooly with unamused eyes. "You are gonna need to try harder." She meowed. "You can't count on the enemy to be passive and let you take a dozen unlucky shots at them before you get them."

She adjusted her position. "Now try again. Either be faster, or try something else." She ordered. "Any move. If you think you can you get me with a move, do it."
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 pm

The pale cat caught himself before he crashed to the ground, landing on his tiptoes. He turned back to face his mentor, his ears perked slightly downwards.

"I'll try," he said, trying to take in Silverblossom's explanation. A voice in the back of his mind wondered if he would ever be able to stand his ground against a real foe

He lowered his body slightly, trying for another strategy. He carefully crouched to the side, trying to circle around the she-cat, waiting for the right opportunity to leap. But it felt like her green eyes could see all, like she could predict all of his movements before he even made them.

He wasn't very strong or fast, but he was patient. Maybe I can use it to my advantage, he thought quietly.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Silverblossom kept her guard up as her apprentice circled her.

"When are you going to strike?" She finally questioned after Palepaw circled her four times.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:09 pm

"I'm waiting for the moment," Palepaw admitted as he kept putting one paw after another, never letting the she-cat from his sight.
    She's right, he thought, I'll have to make my move sometime..

He stepped a few more steps and then leapt, stretching his front legs far as he tried to reach his mentor before she evaded him again.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Silverblossom's eyes went wide was Palepaw's paws met her side, and she immediately fell onto her opposite side. "Nice." She praised. "Can you follow up, though?" She asked. "Keep me pinned." She ordered before attempting to get up.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Palepaw gazed down wide-eyed, almost surprised with himself for getting this far.

"I.. hope," he mewed, answering his mentor's question. She was larger than him, and no doubt stronger too. He rested his whole weight on his lean front legs, hoping it would be enough to keep her pinned for at least a few seconds.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:05 pm

"Don't hope. Do." Silverblossom mewed before twisting, attempting to get to her paws. "Do whatever you have to to get me down." She reminded the hairless tom. "You will need to use your claws and teeth against your foe."

Then she began to struggle. "Go!"
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Palepaw bit down on his jaw as he tried to keep the she-cat down. She writhed beneath his paws, and it was even more difficult than he had expected to keep her pinned without using offensive means.

He forcefully held his breath and tried to hold on, but it didn't take more than ten seconds before he lost his hold and Silverblossom escaped from under his paws.

He clumsily jumped back, curling his tail close to his flank. "I'm sorry," he said with his head dipping down apologetically, "I really don't want to hurt you.."

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Silverblossom's green gaze softened. She padded up to her apprentice and gave his ear a lick. "It's sweet that you don't want to hurt me, but when I tell you to, do it." She mewed. "I can't teach you without knowing what you're capable of." She explained.

Then she took a step back. "Up for a little sparring?" She asked.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Palepaw purred softly, happy that Silverblossom wasn't upset with him. "Alright," he mewed quietly, "I think I understand.."

He straightened his back, steadying himself. "Yes," he mewed with a nod of his head, "I really want to learn."

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Silverblossom took a small step back. "On guard!" She stood up on her hind legs, putting her paws on his shoulders. "Show me what you can do!" She ordered.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Palepaw steadied himself, digging his hind paws into the ground. "Alright, ready!" he chimed, but then he fell silent.
    "How.. do I do this?" he asked, a bit unsure.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Silverblossom looked surprised for a moment, then explained. "Try to push me down, either on my back or my side." She mewed. "Then try to hold me down. And use your claws this time!" The tabby reminded her apprentice. "And, if I get you down, try to defend yourself. Now go!" She pushed against Palepaw.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:41 pm

"Oh. Right," Palwpaw mewed, and he braced himself again. He felt her paws pushing against his shoulders. She was strong, perhaps too strong for him to take to the ground, but he would surely try.

He pushed back, kicking his feet into the soil and ducked his head to push her backwards, hoping to make her loose her balance.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Silverblossom grinned as she had to back up to keep her balance. "Good." She praised, purring. "Keep going." She straightened out her tail to remain on her paws. She was glad Palepaw was doing well, but she was definitely not going to go easy on him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:07 pm