Guardians of the Code is a Literate Warrior Cat Roleplay group. This is a group for those members on guardiansofthecode.deviantart.com to come and Roleplay.

Mentoring (Palepaw)

Squad1rox

Mentoring (Palepaw)

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 pm

OOC: Silverblossom and Palepaw will be doing a border patrol in a little bit, so it will be open to the other clans when we get to their border.

BIC: Silverblossom paced in the hollow, surrounded by trees. The tabby cleared her throat, sat down, and began to sing, her voice ringing out into the forest.

OOC: Insert Palepaw here XD Silver is about to get quite embarrassed lol
    kurairo

Re: Mentoring (Palepaw)

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Palepaw padded out of the den, stretching his paws and yawning loudly as he tried to shake the sleepiness away. It was early morning, and it seemed as most of the clan was still peacefully asleep.

Despite his lack of fur, Palepaw noticed that the cold had less of a grip on his body as it had during Leaffall. Perhaps I have more muscle now, he considered, standing up right and inspecting his flank. He had been training hard, after all.

Suddenly the wind blew across his ears, carrying the sound of a sweet melody. Palepaw perked his ears and turned in the direction of the sound. The voice sounded.. oddly familiar.

That can't be.. My mentor, can it? Palepaw thought to himself, slowly padding in the direction from which the sound came.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Silverblossom kept up the sweet song, even trying to make a sort of "dance" to match the melody, moving her paws and flicking her tail to the rhythm, obvious as her apprentice neared her.

OOC: Sorry it's short.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 pm

OOC: That's okay! Sorry if mine is too long sometimes, hehe ;u;

BIC
    Palepaw slowly entered the hollow, and his suspicions were confirmed: It actually was his mentor that he heard. He tilted his head a little, unused to seeing Silverblossom so carefree, so happy.

'I never knew you could sing so well,' he chimed out before he knew to stop himself.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:11 pm

OOC: I like long responses :3

BIC: Silverblossom jumped with a yowl of surprise. "Palepaw!" She snapped. "You scared me!" Her ears burned red, and she covered her face with a paw. "I'm a mouse brain...." She thought, and uncovered her face. "We don't speak of this." She meowed to the hairless apprentice. "Ever."
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Immediately the beautiful moment of peace was broken, and Palepaw instinctively ducked his head, his ears flat in his neck.

'Sorry, mentor, my apologies!' he blurted out, feeling his heart jump a little. 'I should've warned you.. I just.. I think you sing very well,' he mewed softly, half biting his lip, not sure if that was the kind of thing his mentor wanted to hear right now. 'I won't tell anybody,' he quickly added.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Silverblossom took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "Thank you, and I definitely want this to stay between us." She mewed, her green gaze hard. "Come on, we're doing morning border patrol." But she first went in the direction of camp, to organize the hunting patrol. "Let's go." She flicked her tail, signaling for Palepaw to follow her.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

"Okay, I understand," Palepaw mewed. He adverted his eyes to the ground, startled by his mentor's striking gaze. He wanted to tell her that it was nothing to be ashamed of, that she really should continue singing because she was good at it, but he wouldn't for the life of him dare to say that out loud.

"Yes, alright," he chimed as he followed Silverblossom out of the hollow. The idea of a morning patrol actually put him at ease; he liked to have something to do in the morning, and maybe it would make him and Silverblossom forget the embarrassing moment sooner.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Silverblossom put her tail, signaling for Palepaw to wait as she entered the warrirors den.

She prodded four warriors, telling them that they had to hunt later.

Then she emegred, and brushed passed Palepaw. "Which border first?" She inquired to the young tom, eyeing him carefully. Was that muscle under his skin?
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Pale paw patiently wait outside of the den, licking his paw and brushing it over his wrinkly head at the opportunity.

He sat a bit more upright as Silverblossom emerged out of the den again, and considered the question for a bit. "Eh, maybe Asterclan?" he suggested, remembering it was one of the borders easily reached.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Silverblossom nodded. "Good choice."

The pair padded out of camp, heading to the meadow clan's border.

As they walked, Silverblossom decided to test her apprentice on the warrior code. "Palepaw what part of the code does what clan hold to the highest standard?" She asked as she hopped over a fallen tree.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

The pale apprentice blinked and showed a small smile, happy he picked a good starting point.

As they walked through the thick forest of the clan's territory, the sun seemed to break through the bleak clouds just a bit more, filtered by the many leaves above. Palepaw allowed his gaze to wander upwards, surprised. It would be a lovely Leafbare day, and those days were rare.

Suddenly, his attention was taken away from the sun as his mentor asked him a question. He shook his head a little as if to clear it from his daydreams and thought.

"Eh, well.." he mewed, thinking, "your own clan always comes first and we need to defend it," he recited, a bit less elegant than the actual code, "and we always have to be loyal to our clan and leader."

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Though that wasn't the answer she was looking for, Silverblossom nodded. "While that is true, that wasn't what I meant. What I did mean, my dear, was something like "Jagclan holds so-and-so part of the code to the highest standard." The tabby said as they broke the tree line.

A cool, gentle breeze brushed past them. Instinctly, Silverblossom pushed against Palepaw, hoping that some of the warmth from her pelt would go to him. "Starclan watch over him during leaf-bare." The deputy begged her warrior ancestors.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:52 pm

"Oh," Palepaw mewed, his ears flickering with embarrassment of misunderstanding Silverblossom's question. He remained quiet for a bit, thinking. "Then.. Timberclan's most important rule is that you can fight without killing, right?" he asked, a bit unsure.

He shivered at a sudden breeze, reminding him that despite the easy weather today, it was still Leafbare. He soon noticed Silverblossom's warm fur besides him, shielding him from the cold, and he purred thankfully for the support.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:09 pm

"That is correct, my dear. Timberclan has the most honor in battle, as kiling is always the last option." Silverblossom mewed, and lapped at his head. "Good boy." She praised.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:09 pm

The young apprentice purred happily, blinking his eyes in a smile. Despite the fact that he hadn't been born in Timberclan, he truly felt at home in the forests, and he could hardly disagree with the warrior code held most in favor; he wasn't even sure if he <i>could</i> kill another cat, if the time ever came.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:03 pm

"The perfect clan holds the perfect part of the code to the highest standard." Silverblossom purred. "When we're in battle, we win, and we win with honor!" She meowed, wrapping her tail around his side.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 am

Palepaw gazed up at the trees, contemplating those words. He had never seen a battle before, and never fought more than his training allowed. But he knew Timberclav had faced worse.

"What's a battle like, mentor?" he mewed carefully.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Silverblossom cleared her throat. "A battle is many things. You run into a fight not knowing what will happen. Part of me is still surprised that my ears are still intact." She lapped at her paw, and drew it over an ear as if to demonstrate. "You relish your enemy's howls of pain, while trying to hold in your own." She recalled being thrown to the ground and being scratched like she was tree bark. "All your wits and strength are necessary." The tabby remembered a favorite battle move that she had down to a science, and unsheathed her claws. "The only mercy I show my foe is allowing them to live." Disfiguring wasn't below her. She'd love to give her foes something to remember her by. "We fight to protect our clan. Fight every cat like they were going for the nursery." She told him. "Then, we shall always win."
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 am

Palepaw remained quiet for a bit, overthinking his mentor's words. He shivered at her vivid descriptions, remembering what cats could do to each other when they really set their minds to it.

"Sounds.. difficult," he mewed softly, repressing the urge to say that the prospect of a fight scared the few hairs he had upright.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:35 pm

"Sounds like it, but if you know what you're doing and why, it's rather easy to claw a cat until they beg for mercy." Then the deputy purred, rubbing her face against Palepaw's. "We'll make you one of the best fighters the clans ever saw." She had a vision of her and Palepaw approaching an empty battle field, their mere presence scaring the enemy out of fighting.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Palepaw smiled uneasily, trying to imagine what it would be like to claw another cat. He was used to his trainings, but to actually hurt another cat..

"I really hope the clans won't be fighting again any time soon," he mewed softly as they padded towards the clan's border, "but I'll try to be ready when it happens." Knowing he'd have his mentor with him in battle made him feel a bit more secure.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:05 pm

"Things seem okay now." Silverblossom mewed. "It isn't wise to start a battle during leaf-bare, not when most of the herbs are shriveled up." She knew that even if you survive the battle, you still might have to fight infection.

The tabby nuzzled her apprentice's ear. "I trust that you will." She purred.

A brown blurr darted out a burrow, whizzing past them. "Rabbit!" She yowled. "Let's go!" Silverblossom ordered, scrambling after the prey.
    kurairo

Post by kurairo on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:31 pm

"Thank you," Palepaw purred happily, proud to have earned Silverblossom's trust.

He noticed the rabbit only when his mentor pointed it out, and immediately his eyes grew wide. He hurried after Silverblossom as fast as he could, feeling his heart beat faster as he kept his eyes on the fast, brown rabbit that zig-zagged in front of them, frantically seeking a way out of their paws.

Squad1rox

Post by Squad1rox on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Silverblossom wheezed after running for a while. Long-term speed was never her thing.

She lagged farther and farther behind. "Get it Palepaw!" She meowed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:10 pm