Guardians of the Code is a Literate Warrior Cat Roleplay group. This is a group for those members on guardiansofthecode.deviantart.com to come and Roleplay.

Otterstar Prophecy? (Petalflight and Darkpaw)

AslanEatsApples

Otterstar Prophecy? (Petalflight and Darkpaw)

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Petalflight yawned and let the cool leafbare breeze drift through his pelt. It was nearing newleaf, so the cold was now at the back of everyone's mind finally. Giving his ear a scratch, he finished his meal and padded off towards the medicine den in search of his apprentice.

It was time to go out and do some training. Despite being a medicine cat apprentice, Darkpaw would still need to learn the basics of how to defend himself. Petalflight worried that he wasn't exactly the best cat able to teach him these things, but he would need to give it a try.

Ducking his head into the den, he mewed, "Darkpaw? Are you ready to set off?"

nipplespaghetti

Re: Otterstar Prophecy? (Petalflight and Darkpaw)

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Darkpaw got up from the nest and stretched, "y-yeah, where are we going to be tr-training?" the tuxedo tom asked, padding out of the den and to his mentor.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Petalflight lead him out and toward the entrance of the camp. Pushing some brambles aside, he mewed back. "Well, there's a nice, small clearing next to the river that I think would be appropriate." he said, pushing forward and out of the bramble wall.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Darkpaw followed the medicine cat, avoiding some brambles so they wouldn't hit him, "What moves a-are we doing" the apprentice asked curiously, having very little experience in the area other than play fighting with his siblings as a kit.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 pm

"Um..." Petalflight pondered for a moment. He wasn't really sure, and scolded himself for not thinking of that. "Well, I suppose just the basics." he said, continuing on through the tall oak trees surrounding them. "How to stay balanced, and when to strike, and if you like- how to jump on another cat's back!" he said, looking over his shoulder at the small tom.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:04 pm

The tom nervously quickened his pace, "Are y-you sure I can do this? I mean w-will I be able to do that?" the tuxedo tom asked, assuming that being fairly small would most likely make him a very easily beaten opponent. The tom dodged a couple branches so that he wouldn't be hit by them as he padded behind his mentor.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:16 pm

"Oh, of course!" he said, as encouragingly as he could. Petalflight could relate to his apprentice, after all he himself wasn't the toughest cat in TimberClan, and his nerves couldn't often hold up. "It's fairly easy, you know just- just little tricks to keep in mind, mostly." he explained, hopping up and over some rocks in their path. He could hear the river in the distance. Touching his tail to the small tom's nose, he added, "It's not like you'll really be using them, anyway. It's only a, uh, precaution!"

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Darkpaw hopped up after his mentor, "Precaution?" the small tom then clambered up to get beside his mentor, "If th-the medicine cat den is i-invaded?" the apprentice questioned, listening to the river in the distance and hoping he didn't get too many bruises.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Petalflight nodded brightly. "Precisely!" he said. Then paused and back-tracked a little, realising that was a little insensitive. "Er, well- that being the worst case scenario. Warriors are trained to protect the nursery and the medicine den before anything else, so we should be fine in future." he added.

Coming to a bend in their path, he slowed his pace to a leisurely one, padding alongside Darkpaw. "Just around the corner! And hey- this should be an enjoyable experience, so don't worry about it." he said with a smile. He reflected on his own battle training, and how bad and embarrassing it was. He hoped this wouldn't be similar.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Darkpaw grinned with less nervousness, "Getting b-beaten up is enjoyable?" the tom joked uncertainly, hoping that he wouldn't mess up too hard during the training session. The tom then peered in wariness at the training ground, "That doesn't look like it will be fun to land on" the tom thought.

Darkpaw looked back to his mentor, "So w-what are we doing f-first?" the tom asked, wringing his paws slightly.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Petalflight lowered his ears in embarrassment. "Oh, Darkpaw! I could never beat you up." he said. "Heck, you could be the one beating me up!"

The ginger tabby walked forward and stood next to one of the trees. He glanced up breifly and saw the frosty branches overhead the river. He made a mental note to make sure neither of them fell into the icy water. "Well, how about we start off, er..." he paused. "How about you try and attack me, then? And then just observe how I respond."

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Darkpaw looked at the tabby wide-eyed, "O-okay?" the tabby said in confusion then awkwardly jumped at the medicine cat, barely making the older cat move. Darkpaw looked embarrassed, "S-sorry" he stuttered, trying to headbutt the medicine cat in the chest.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Petalflight looked down at the small black tom scrambling and gave a sympathetic smile, and giving his head a pat. "Don't worry about it, I was much the same with this stuff when I was your age." he said.

"The thing is, you're going to want to focus more on your swipes and speed, seeing as you're not very bi- um..." he coughed awkwardly, rephrasing. "Seeing as, er... they're your strong points!"

"Now, why don't you try that agai-" he began, but was interrupted by a shiver sharply running up his spine. He shook his pelt and exhaled. "Woah. Er, sorry, must've been a gust of wind, or something." he said embarrassedly, but not detecting any breeze through the thick foliage surrounding the small clearing.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Looked around curiously, trying to find the source of the breeze then brushing it off, "Like th-this?" the apprentice asked as he quickly leapt past his mentor and fake slashed, messing up on the landing and sliding on his belly. The apprentice thought he heard something but instead just got back up from is tumble.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 pm

"That was... that was a good first try! You just need to... er..." he tried to continue, despite the tickling feeling crawling through his pelt, and lashed his tail in an attempt to focus. "Y-You just need to keep your balance before you, uh, leap." he said. He was beginning to feel a little uneasy though, and looked around them with his ears perked and his eyebrows furrowed.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Darkpaw tried to redo the leap with his mentors words in mind but right before he jumped he started to get a crawling sensation through his pelt, and this time he swore he could her something. The tom whipped around trying to find out what was going on but saw nothing, Darkpaw shook himself and leapt, this time landing quietly on his paws.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Petalflight noticed his apprentice's agitation that was identical to his own. After his well-performed jump, the tabby padded over to praise the small tom before something made his pelt seize and stand on end. He needed to sit down and as he did he looked around fearfully. "Darkpaw, come here- quickly" he said. "Something... something's wrong, I think." He could hear some sort of a mumbling ghosting through the air.

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Darkpaw quickly got to his mentor, pelt standing on end, "Wh-what is going o-on?" the tom asked nervously, unsure of what was happening. With his tail thrashing and claws unsheathed, Darkpaw looked around jerkily, not wanting to be caught off guard by the mumbling voices.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:48 pm

"I-I'm not sure, just stay close, and um..." he started, his eyes darting around frantically. He began to feel almost dizzy, and slowly but surely their surroundings seemed to be littered with stardust. Is this StarClan's doing, then? He wondered.

His head spun to where the tree with the overhanging branches was, as he heard the bark and wood begin to creak and moan, being bent by some force unknown. He shook his head to clear the panic and the voices hissing in his ears, and turned to Darkpaw. "Stay close to me, okay? I-I think-" he gulped, glancing back to the frost on the tree branches. "I think this has something to do with StarClan."

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Darkpaw backed up, getting closer to the medicine cat, "M-maybe we should close o-our eyes or something?" the tuxedo tom questioningly suggested, unsure but just wanting the fear and panic he was experiencing to go away. The tom crouched closer to the ground as he was attempting not to fall over, the murmuring growing in volume.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Petalflight wrapped his tail protectively around the terrified apprentice. "Er, yeah-" he said, trying to blink away the sparkling stardust that glittered around them. But if this was a sign, it could be very important. He heard a crack as some of the ice and frost on the branches ahead of them began to melt a little and slip away.
    He leaned down to Darkpaw. "I know this is scary, but don't be afraid," he said, and the prickling in his fur began to lessen. "We're meant to see this."

OOC: agh, sorry for the awkward timing, but i've gotta go to bed, got school tomorrow :c we can continue this tomorrow, though! and feel free to reply while i'm gone. night uvu

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 pm

OOC: that is completely chill friend uvu night!

nipplespaghetti

Post by nipplespaghetti on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Darkpaw tried to puff up and blinked quickly, trying to clear his eyes of the slightly irritating stardust that had been clouding his senses, "A-are we safe?" the tom asked slightly trembling, but definitely not as bad as earlier, "and what if i-it's about Otterstar?" the apprentice mewed curiously.

AslanEatsApples

Post by AslanEatsApples on Sat May 02, 2015 5:29 pm

"I think we are safe." Petalflight mewed quietly, still feeling the grip of fear on his body but feeling more focused. He blinked at the apprentice's suggestion. "It could be- let's see what happens first." he decided, gulping as the tree with the frosted branches above them creaked and groaned under some unknown pressure. The frost seemed about ready to fall off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 pm